+ J.M.J.A.T. +

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Back to School

Today was the first day back in school after being off for almost a week because of the snow. It was nice to have the extra time but I was glad to get back into a normal schedule. Today I was talking to the seventh graders about Lent. They really touched me by their simplicity. A lot of the kids I teach have difficult home lives, to say the least, and here they were really trying to think of ways for them to pray, fast, and give alms. Their desire to help others was very selfless and sincere. I wish that mine was more so.

That brings me to a problem. I am still undecided about what to give up for Lent. Usually I don't find it this difficult but I just plain ran out of ideas. It isn't that I haven't been thinking about it and praying about it but nothing has really struck me as God's will for my spiritual life right now. Usually I am trying each Lent to correct something in my spiritual life that has fallen to the wayside but God has been so very good to me in these past months and I find myself very satisfied with my prayer life in a way that I haven't been before. I don't want to change anything because I'm happy with all of it. I guess that is human nature. I am grateful to God for His gifts to me in prayer but I know that I need to move beyond them to a self-sacrificing love.

Well, I am off to Vespers... maybe the Lord will give me a clear sign of what to do for Lent. I'll let you know tomorrow what I have decided.

No comments:

Post a Comment