+ J.M.J.A.T. +

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Obedient Suffering

Well, I had some really interesting happenings yesterday. The other day I blogged about not being sure of what the Lord desired for me to give up this Lent. I chose to give up snacking between meals – not to lose weight or eat healthier, but because that really is a sacrifice for me. I have a very high metabolism, haha, and am hungry quite often.


Anyway, yesterday I found out that there is a situation occurring that may cause me to be asked to help out in a different ministry because of a real need within my congregation. We are really stuck. As I prayed about it this morning I realized that whatever God’s will is in this matter, He is providing me with a very special sacrifice to make this Lenten season. If I am given permission to do this ministry, it will mean a lot of work, sacrifice, and hardship for me. The timing is bad and it is an unfortunate situation. If I am not given permission to do this ministry I will mourn the loss of the opportunity to really give of myself in a complete and trusting way to God’s people who are really in need right now. Either way, I know that what my superiors decide will be God’s will for me and I am at peace with whatever decision is made. The sacrifice of obedient suffering is being offered to me this Lenten season in a small way.


I pray that God will make me able to accept whatever His will is for me and to allow me to humbly serve Him wherever and whenever. Please join me in praying that God’s will be done.


"To look upon religious Superiors as the representatives of Jesus Christ... To obey without answering and without repugnance, and not to seek your own satisfaction in anything." Maxims for Attaining Perfection, St. Alphonsus

No comments:

Post a Comment